Once I started using a boxed cake mix as the base for my “homemade” Christmas cookies, I haven’t been able to stop! This simple recipe is yummy any time of year, but it is especially fun to share at the holidays! These Christmas Cake Mix Cookies are loaded with chocolate chips, and what could be better than that?
- 1 Box of Yellow Cake Mix
- 1/2 Cup of Softened Butter
- 2 Eggs
- 1 Bag of Chocolate Chips (Using mini chocolate chips makes for a fun twist!)
- Pre-heat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease your baking sheet.
- Mix together your ingredients.
- Scoop and drop the dough – placing cookies approximately 2 inches apart on your baking sheet.
- Bake these babies for approximately 10-12 minutes.
I love the consistently of these cookies! They are especially addicting served warm with a glass of cold milk on the side!
Get our THIS LITTLE HOME OF MINE nEWSLETTER
Delivered directly to your inbox!
I prefer soft cookies rather than crispy ones, and these are perfect! I like to make them as large as possible, but I have to be careful that they’re not so big that the edges start to burn while they finish cooking in the center.
It’s a dangerous life I lead, let me tell ya!
One More Thing:
You can easily add peanut butter to this recipe, but let me explain.
One year, I tried adding a 1/2 cup of peanut butter (which is what the original recipe suggested), but you couldn’t even tell that I had attempted to make Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cake Mix Cookies (Talk about a mouthful!).
Sooooo, I would suggest adding lots and lots of peanut butter…three cups maybe…just kidding…kind of.
If you enjoyed this recipe for Christmas Cake Mix Cookies, you might also like to check out my Santa Pancakes: