Preschool Homeschooling for Two-Year-Olds
Homeschool Preschool is simply a way to describe you taking advantage of opportunities to guide your little learner as they discover the world around them.
When I chat about homeschooling preschoolers, I’m talking about reading with them, playing with them, and involving them in those day-to-day life moments that have the power to teach.
This will provide you with tips and ideas that will make it possible for you to explore Two-Year-Old Homeschool Preschool at home with your child.
What Do I Want My Two-Year-Old to Learn?
I like to focus on
one letter of the alphabet each week
– starting with A and working our way through Z over a period of 26 weeks.
A Few Other Concepts We Explore During the Two-Year-Old Year:
• Recognition of Colors & Basic Shapes
• Animal Names/Animal Sounds
• Nursery Rhymes
How Do I Stay Organized?
#1 – Each Monday is marked with a note of the letter of the alphabet we will be focusing on that week.
#2 – Next to each week, I make a short list of the hands-on activities I want to do.
What Do My Lesson Plans Look Like?
Week #1: Letter A
• Play with alphabet stickers. • Using an A-shaped cookie cutter, “cut” A‘s out of play dough.
Week #2: Letter B
• Play with alphabet magnets. • Color or paint a printout of the letter B. • Cut up an banana. Count the pieces. Eat the banana.
SWipe UP TO LEARN MORE!
Why We Homeschool at Night…Sometimes
Painting with Forks
For more Ideas visit