From little ones who may be learning the first lessons about weather to older kids who are studying the water cycle or different types of clouds, this cloud experiment can be a good fit.
Cloud Science Experiment Supplies
- clear glass bowl OR clear glass cup
- shaving cream
- blue food coloring
How to Do the Cloud Experiment
- Fill your glass container with water.
- Spray shaving cream atop the water.
- Squeeze 10+ droplets of food coloring on top of the shaving cream.
- Set your bowl aside and wait for it to “start raining”!
Maybe you could read Cloudette while you wait!
See the blue coming down through the shaving cream?
To move things along, you can pour water on top of the colored shaving cream.