Our year-round homeschooling lifestyle gifts us with some space to enjoy some out-of-the-ordinary learning fun, and this Star Wars Week was a recent extra that my boys loved!
Get our THIS LITTLE HOME OF MINE nEWSLETTER
Delivered directly to your inbox!
I gathered a handful of activities that would be a good fit for my boys and then typed up a schedule for the week that gave them an idea of their daily tasks. Yes, this was a week-long break from our regular curriculum, but the activities I chose were perfect for reinforcing many of the concepts they’re consistently working on in our homeschooling.
Star Wars Week Activities
- I found several of the daily tasks here. This site has so many free Star Wars-themed activities for the lower elementary years, including the bookmarks my boys used for Reading Time during their Star Wars Week. If you’re interested in some different options, I spotted these workbooks on Amazon that might also be fun. I haven’t personally held these in my hands, but I thought I’d share since they appear to fit our theme here! Let me know if you give them a try.
- For the drawing activities, we used the Star Wars videos from Art for Kids Hub.
- The Stars Wars Origami we did came from these books. *These are tricky and definitely required parental assistance in our house!
- The Star Wars music practice was made possible by our piano teacher who had given the boys some Star Wars music to play. If you have a musician on your hands, maybe they would enjoy this book.
- These Star Wars brick building cards were also a fun addition to the week! This site has several other Star Wars activities here that I plan to use the next time we do a Star Wars Week – Yes, we’re planning to do this again!
- Daily Snack Idea: Star Wars Gummy Snacks *We have also been able to find these at Walmart.
Want to put together a Star Wars Week for your kids? Below you will find a free editable printable that I would love for you to make work for your family! Change the dates, plug in the activities you want your kids to do – it’s all yours!
As you search for free printables on-line, you may find other activities that would work better for your kids – go for it!
I hope your kids have so much fun with this, and I can’t wait to hear all about your special week!