Putting together Easter Baskets for my kids is one of the highlights of my year! Around here, I LIVE for the holidays! Christmas and Easter are most definitely the favorites in our house: celebrating the birth of Jesus AND then the best news of all – Our Savior lives!
All things springtime are fun for sure, but adding faith-based resources to each child’s basket is really important to me.
In this post, I’m sharing some of my favorite Christian Easter Basket Ideas and my hope is that it will inspire you as you put together baskets for your own kids.
No matter their age or stage, we can include sweet reminders that Jesus Lives!
Of course there are sweets and treats,
…but I also love to include books to read, activities to enjoy, and maybe even something to wear.
Just like for Christmas, I keep my eyes open all year long for goodies that will be perfect for Easter. I watch yard sales (yes, yard sales!), after-season clearance sections, dollar spots, Amazon deals, and more!
- Annie’s Bunny Snacks
- Seasonal Goldfish Crackers
- Easter Candy: My kids love M&Ms and all things Reese’s, and my hubby’s favorite is Cadbury Caramel Eggs.
THINGS TO WEAR:
- Summer Clothes: This year, my girls’ baskets include the cutest little watermelon shirts – spotted on clearance last year/bought to gift this year!
- Swimwear: Again, I watch for this on clearance at the end of one year – and buy for the next year! Always making sure to size up, of course.
- Other warm-weather ideas: hats, sunglasses, swim goggles, etc.
- Bows: Our favorites are from Alice & Josie.
- Necklaces: Our favorites are from Sprinklings Girls.
If you follow along with us on Instagram, you’ve seen my girls in their bows and necklaces. ha!
There are so many great spring-themed Easter books. You can find a list of our favorites here.
ACTIVITIES FOR PLAYING AND CREATING:
- Art Supplies (You can find some of our favorite paint supplies here.)
- Bubbles (These Miracle Bubbles always seem to work well.)
- Sidewalk Chalk/Sidewalk Paint
- Play Dough (Z. Dough is a fantastic option!)
- Diving Toys (These Diving Rings have been our fav – and have lasted forever!)
- Bunch O Balloons (These are basically the highlight of our whole summer! ha!)
Hollar always has great deals on these kinds of things!
Side Note: My kids are obsessed with tape! They get new tape at just about every holiday we celebrate! ha! Is this weird? Never mind – Don’t answer that. P.S. If your kids are weird, too, I find this Scotch Tape at Dollar Tree. 😉
- Adventures in Odyssey Audio Sets – This Bible Eyewitness Set is perfect for Easter!
- Bible Readers (Found at Dollar Tree)
For loads more faith-based resources, you can browse our favorites here. More books, more music, more toys, more, more, more! (There’s a lot there!)
A FEW MORE IDEAS & LINKS TO OTHER ITEMS PICTURED HERE IN THIS POST:
- Schleich Animals
- Spot It, Jr. – Animals
- Little Blue Truck’s Springtime
- Melissa & Doug Scissor Skills
- Usborne Books
- Summer Tops and Swimwear (from last year’s spring/summer clearance racks!)
Want to stay connected with all of our favorite things? Find suggestions for Easter and more over in my Amazon storefront.
Also, how about a sneak peek into the type of basket I do for hubby?
A basket full of all of his favorite things!
Banana chips…Airborne…we live a wild life.
When we started dating, I explained to him my love of getting an Easter basket. That first spring we were together, he forgot.
It’s been over twelve years, and we just recently started speaking again.
Just kidding – buuuuuut, every year since, he’s remembered.
I might have cried over that incident…please don’t tell anyone.
I’d be embarrassed.