Putting together Easter Baskets for my kids is one of the highlights of my year! When I was growing up, my mom always made Easter morning so special for my brother and me, and I love carrying on the tradition by putting together Easter gifts for my own kids.
Our afternoon includes an egg hunt with lots of Easter eggs, but first thing in the morning, before we leave for Easter service, it’s Easter basket gift time for all.
Get our THIS LITTLE HOME OF MINE nEWSLETTER
Delivered directly to your inbox!
Any plain basket or bucket will do – or maybe you’ve found a cute Easter basket you want to use. Now for the fun part –
Let’s chat about creative Easter basket ideas!
All things springtime are fun for sure, but adding faith-based resources to each child’s personalized Easter basket is really important to me.
In this post, I’m sharing some of my favorite Christian Easter Basket Ideas and my hope is that it will inspire you as you put together baskets for your own kids.
Whether you’re putting together a First Easter Basket or gathering springtime holiday items for your older kids, I’m excited to help you make this season extra special.
No matter their age or stage, we can include sweet reminders that Jesus Lives!
Of course there are the sweet treats you’d see in traditional Easter baskets –
My Kids’ Favorite Treats – All the Classic Easter Basket Sweets:
- chocolate eggs
- a handful of jelly beans tucked inside an Easter egg
- chocolate bunnies
…but I also love to include books to read, activities to enjoy, and maybe even something to wear.
Just like for Christmas, I keep my eyes open all year long for goodies that will be perfect for Easter. I watch yard sales (Yes, yard sales!), after-season clearance sections, dollar spots, Amazon deals (Love that free shipping!), and more!
- Annie’s Bunny Snacks
- Seasonal Goldfish Crackers
- Easter Candy: My kids love M&Ms and all things Reese’s, and my hubby’s favorite is Cadbury Caramel Eggs. Of course, they all get excited when they’re gifted their very own chocolate bunny.
Things to Wear:
- Summer Clothes: This year, my girls’ baskets include the cutest little watermelon shirts – spotted on clearance last year/bought to gift this year!
- Swimwear: Again, I watch for this on clearance at the end of one year – and buy for the next year! Always making sure to size up, of course. This is an easy way to turn needed items into fun Easter basket ideas.
- Other warm-weather ideas: hats, sunglasses, swim goggles, etc.
- Bows: Our favorites are from Alice & Josie.
- Necklaces: Our favorites are from Sprinklings Girls.
If you follow along with us on Instagram, you’ve seen my girls in their bows and necklaces. ha!
There are so many great spring-themed Easter books. You can find a list of our favorites here.
Activities for Playing and Creating:
- Art Supplies/ Craft Supplies (You can find some of our favorite paint supplies here.)
- Bubbles (These Miracle Bubbles always seem to work well.)
- Sidewalk Chalk/Sidewalk Paint – Fun outdoor toys are always a hit.
- Play Dough (Z. Dough is a fantastic option!)
- Diving Toys (These Diving Rings have been our fav – and have lasted forever!)
- Bunch O Balloons (These are basically the highlight of our whole summer! ha!)
Side Note: My kids are obsessed with tape! They get new tape at just about every holiday we celebrate! ha! Is this weird? Never mind – Don’t answer that. P.S. If your kids are weird, too, I find this Scotch Tape at Dollar Tree. 😉
- Adventures in Odyssey Audio Sets – This Bible Eyewitness Set is perfect for Easter!
- Bible Readers (Found at Dollar Tree)
For loads more faith-based resources, you can browse our favorites here. More books, more music, more toys, more, more, more! (There’s a lot there!)
A FEW MORE IDEAS & LINKS TO OTHER ITEMS PICTURED HERE IN THIS POST:
- Schleich Animals
- Spot It, Jr. – Animals
- Little Blue Truck’s Springtime
- Melissa & Doug Scissor Skills
- Usborne Books
- Summer Tops and Swimwear (from last year’s spring/summer clearance racks!)
Want to stay connected with all of our favorite things? Find suggestions for Easter and more over in my Amazon storefront.
Also, how about a sneak peek into the type of basket I do for hubby?
A basket full of all of his favorite things!
Banana chips…Airborne…we live a wild life.
When we started dating, I explained to him my love of getting an Easter basket. That first spring we were together, he forgot.
It’s been several years now, and we just recently started speaking again.
Just kidding – but, every year since, he’s remembered.
I might have cried over that incident…please don’t tell anyone.
I’d be embarrassed.