As part of our system for rotating toys I also like to rotate seasonal books in to a book basket that sits near the fireplace in our living room. As winter gives way to spring, I like to move our spring-themed titles and Easter picture books into the basket – and this post includes some of our family’s favorite Easter Books for Kids.
Bringing out these Easter books is one of our favorite Easter traditions.
Don’t worry! We’ve saved this list of books here in our Amazon Storefront. You may also want to check your local library for these spring titles for young readers.
Get our THIS LITTLE HOME OF MINE nEWSLETTER
Delivered directly to your inbox!
This list of Easter Books for Kids has something for everyone: from board books for babies to picture books for young children and older kids.
We’ve included everything from cheery springtime reads to beautiful faith-based Easter books, and we hope you’ll enjoy browsing what we believe are some of the very best Easter books out there.
So whether you’re looking for a new book for your kids, great gifts for someone else, or a classic book to read together with your family on Easter Sunday morning, I hope you’ll find something on this list of fantastic Easter books.
Ready to get started? Here we go!
- Little Quack Board Books
- Baby Touch and Feel Farm Books
- Fisher Price Spring is Here Lift-the-Flap Book
- Peter Rabbit ABC
- Baby Loves Spring by Karen Katz
- Where are Baby’s Easter Eggs? by Karen Katz
- Happy Easter, Mouse! by Laura Numeroff – Love this author!
- Here Comes Peter Cottontail!
- Danny the Duck with No Quack – This cute story will make your kids giggle.
- Little Blue Truck’s Springtime – Such a great book! You know we love Little Blue Truck.
Little Blue Truck Printables Available Here
- My Easter Basket – Such a sweet way to introduce little ones to the true story of Easter – the story of Jesus.
- The Easter Egg by Jan Brett
- One, Two, Three…OOPS! – This one may be a little tricky to find.
- Little Goose
- Giggle, Giggle, Quack
- A Cuddle for Little Duck
- Happy Easter, Little Critter by Mercer Mayer
- The Biggest Easter Basket Ever from Scholastic
- Too Many Carrots by Katy Hudson – This is such a fun book. My kids have really enjoyed this author. I’ve included one of her books in this list of our favorite Winter books.
- The Best Easter Egg Hunt Ever by Dawn Casey
- and then it’s spring by Julie Fogliano – For some reason, this book always makes me cry! ha!
- We are the Gardeners by Joanna Gaines
- Bunny Roo, I Love You by Melissa Marr
- Bunny Roo and Duckling Too by Melissa Marr
- Llama Llama Easter Egg by Anna Dewdney
- We’re Going on an Egg Hunt by Laura Hughes
- The Itsy Bitsy Bunny – Little hands will love playing with this cute book.
- Peter Rabbit Classic Gift Set – This sweet set reminds me of my childhood!
- Paddington Bear in the Garden – More special memories from my childhood!
- There was an Old Lady Who Swallowed a Chick – My kids are wild about this whole series of books! Each one has made them laugh and laugh.
- Peanuts Holiday Treasury – This treasury includes It’s the Easter Beagle, Charlie Brown.
- The Berenstain Bears Bear Family Treasury (includes The Easter Story) by Mike Berenstain
- Other Berenstain Bears Easter Storybooks
- A Very Happy Easter Prayer
- What is Easter? by Michelle Medlock Adams
- The Story of Easter by Little Golden Books
- God Gave Us Easter by Lisa Tawn Bergren
- Benjamin’s Box – Resurrection Eggs pair perfectly with this read-aloud. This book and interactive activity together serve as such an engaging way to walk through the events of Holy Week, highlighting the resurrection of Jesus. If you teach a children’s class at church, this can be a super special experience to offer on Easter morning.
- The Donkey Who Carried a King by R.C. Sproul
- Carol Heyer’s Easter Books – Her illustrations are out of this world! Such beautiful books that truly capture the history of Palm Sunday and the true meaning of Easter.
- Easter Love Letters from God – These are so neat! Love this interactive idea – There are others in this series.
- The Garden, The Curtain, and The Cross by Carl Laferton – We have read several books from this series, and they are stunning. Powerful writing, colorful illustrations, these are a favorite in our house. If you’re looking for new books to add to your home or classroom library, we have truly enjoyed the Tales that Tell the Truth Collection.
- The Legend of the Easter Egg
- The Legend of the Easter Robin
- The Parable of the Lily – Liz Curtis Higgs’ seasonal parables are as sweet as can be.
- Parable Treasury – This story book collection includes The Parable of the Lily.
Enter Here for a Faith-Based Easter Activity to Go Along with The Parable of the Lily