In my e-book, Lifestyle Homeschooling, I share an in-depth look into how our family has embraced a lifestyle of reading TOGETHER. In fact, Chapter Three is titled: The Family that Reads Together… It’s one of the longer chapters in my book, because how can a homeschooling mom condense her passion for reading into just a few words? I’m not sure it’s possible! Ha!
Get our THIS LITTLE HOME OF MINE nEWSLETTER
Delivered directly to your inbox!
Over the years, numerous studies have been done to prove that few things are more powerful than reading with kids – kids of all ages. If you’ve spent time with children, you have no doubt come to the same conclusion.
Inside Our Lifestyle:
I love sharing books with my kids. It’s something I’m able to do with all of them together…
- at the breakfast or lunch table while they’re munching
- out on the back porch while eating a snack outside on a pretty day
- at the park during a family picnic
- on the couch in our family room before rest time
- on the floor of our school room in the afternoon
- in the minivan while we’re traveling to visit the grandparents
- in one of their rooms before bedtime
I also love giving them independent time with books as well…
- in their rooms before they go to sleep or after they wake up
- during rest time in the afternoons
- in the minivan while we’re running errands
- on their tablets, on the computer, or on TV during screen time
In our current chapter of life, we enjoy read-aloud stories from our family collection, books (and audio-books) from our local library, online read-alouds, and more!
Does your library offer Playaways? These are such a neat audiobook option for kids, and my kids have enjoyed drawing while they’re listening.
For more great listening options, my kids enjoy:
Throughout every season of the year, books are such a huge part of our lifestyle of homeschooling.
- Easter Books for Kids
- Fall Books for Kids: Apple Theme
- Fall Books for Kids
- Thanksgiving Books for Kids
- Christmas Books for Kids: Christmas Tree Theme
- Christmas Books for Kids: Advent Resources
- Winter Books for Kids
If you’ve been following along with me for long, you know I love sharing my favorite finds with you, and I hear from so many families who have fallen in love with many of the same titles we have – simply because I shared a snapshot of us enjoying a book together in some way.
With that being said, I want This Little Home of Mine to be a unique place where you will find book recommendations for kids of all ages – from babies all the way up. I enjoy sharing these things here on my blog as well as on my Facebook Page, on my main Instagram feed, and also on my Instagram feed specifically dedicated to great books.
I love how reading brings our whole family together – from itty-bitty babies on up. Yes, my lap is full, but reading with my kids is one of the parts of motherhood I dreamed about most!