In my e-book, Lifestyle Homeschooling, I share an in-depth look into how our family has embraced a lifestyle of reading TOGETHER. In fact, Chapter Three is titled: The Family that Reads Together… It’s one of the longer chapters in my book, because how can a homeschooling mom condense her passion for reading into just a few words? I’m not sure it’s possible! Ha!
Over the years, numerous studies have been done to prove that few things are more powerful than reading with kids – kids of all ages. If you’ve spent time with children, you have no doubt come to the same conclusion.
Inside Our Lifestyle:
I love sharing books with my kids. It’s something I’m able to do with all of them together…
- at the breakfast or lunch table while they’re munching
- out on the back porch while eating a snack outside on a pretty day
- at the park during a family picnic
- on the couch in our family room before rest time
- on the floor of our school room in the afternoon
- in the minivan while we’re traveling to visit the grandparents
- in one of their rooms before bedtime
I also love giving them independent time with books as well…
- in their rooms before they go to sleep or after they wake up
- during rest time in the afternoons
- in the minivan while we’re running errands
- on their tablets, on the computer, or on TV during screen time
In our current chapter of life, we enjoy read-aloud stories from our family collection, books (and audio-books) from our local library, interactive titles from Usborne, and more!
Throughout every season of the year, books are such a huge part of our lifestyle of homeschooling.
If you’ve been following along with me for long, you know I love sharing my favorite finds with you, and I hear from so many families who have fallen in love with many of the same titles we have – simply because I shared a snapshot of us enjoying a book together in some way.
With that being said, I want This Little Home of Mine to be a unique place where you will find book recommendations for kids of all ages – from babies all the way up. I enjoy sharing these things here on my blog as well as on my Facebook Page and in my Instagram feed.
If you’re especially interested in resources from Usborne Books & More, I have a private Instagram feed where I share VIP Book Deals that I offer to my followers as well as an e-mail list where I also share the specials!
I love how reading brings our whole family together – from itty-bitty babies up through elementary school – Yes, my lap is full, but reading with my kids is one of the parts of motherhood I dreamed about most!