Fall Learning Activity Ideas
Fall is a favorite time of year for our family, and in this post, I’m sharing a list of fall learning activity ideas that have been fun for us over the years. My hope is that you will see something that would excite the kids in your life!
Fall Baking with Kids
- Fried Apple and Cinnamon Crescent Rolls
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe
- Leftover Candy-Topped Brownies
- How to Make Rolo Pretzels
- Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Bread
- Fall Treat Boxes for Your Neighbors
Fall Reading Time
Field Field Trips
- Apple Orchard
- Pumpkin Patch
Fall Sweets and Treats
Use Fall Candy/Treats to Create:
- greater than/less than symbols
- place value amounts
- groups of 5s/10s
- fractional amounts
More Fall Activity Ideas
- Popsicle Scarecrow (See Photo)
- Fall Magnets (from The Dollar Tree – used on our Playroom Magnet Board)
- Sink or Float with Leaves and Rocks (See Photo – We’ve used faux leaves for this activity)
- Gather leaves, acorns, sticks, rocks, etc. and measure using inches and centimeters.
- Gather leaves, acorns, sticks, rocks, etc. and paint them. We’ve even taken small collections of acorns and painted them to look like little acorn families – so fun!
- Leaf Rubbings
- Draw characters from a fall read-aloud.
- Make trail mix. Extend this activity for older kids by having them add different fractional amounts of various ingredients to the trail mix.
- Create fingerprint pumpkins. (See photo – three small thumbprints and a painted brown stem)
- Play with fall cookie cutters and play dough.
- Use fall stamps, fall cookie cutters, and markers to create!
Another Cookie Cutter Idea for Fall
Fall Fine Motor for Little Hands
Hide flashcards, game pieces, etc. in sensory bins or trays – faux leaves work great for this.
Get our THIS LITTLE HOME OF MINE nEWSLETTER
Delivered directly to your inbox!
- The matching activity is from an Etsy shop that is now closed.
- Our favorite fine motor tools are by Learning Resources and can be found here.
Fall Leaf Hunt
Fall Spin Art
Thanksgiving for Kids
- Thanksgiving Day Activities for Kids
- Play with cookie cutters and play dough.
- Create coffee filter turkeys. (See photo – Supplies: coffee filters and markers)
- Pumpkin Pie Craft
Storing Fall Activity Supplies in the Off-Season
- Our homeschool closet holds our fall books and the fall activities we have. This orange bin has been perfect for storing these resources.
- In our kitchen, there is a small shoebox size bin for each season/holiday that holds kitchen-related items like festive party items, cookie cutters, treat bags, etc.
- Our kitchen is also home to our sensory supplies – these are used for activities year-round.